Medstar Academy CNA School - Western Career Training, Phoenix AZ
Medstar Academy - Western Career Training are located in Peoria, AZ and serve the Phoenix metropolitan area including Peoria, Glendale, Surprise, Sun City, El Mirage, Youngtown, Waddell, Litchfield Park, Goodyear and Phoenix. Small class sizes and high pass rates separate us from other training schools. We hire instructors that are experts in the fields they teach. This gives students the opportunity to learn from those with years of real-world experience.
We offer programs for:
Job and Career-Focused Healthcare Training Programs
Getting a job can be difficult. Finding a good career can be even harder. At Western Career Training and Medstar Academy, we train students for rewarding, high-demand careers in healthcare. By preparing students for a job and career, we work to help them create a foundation for long-term work that benefits both them and their family.
We look closely at the requirements for state and national exams, and then develop curriculum designed to effectively train students to pass the exams, readying them for successful healthcare careers. The Medstar Academy's CNA program has a ninety-three percent pass rate for the written Arizona State Board Exam.
Why Choose Western Career Training/Medstar Academy Training Programs?
- We have exceptional State Board Exam pass rates.
- In 2017, ninety-seven-percent of Western Career Training/Medstar Academy CNA program students passed the State Board Exam skills exam on their first attempt.
- Many schools try to "cram" all the material in just a few weeks, whereas our programs are moderately paced and student progress is very closely monitored to make sure the student is on track to pass licensing exams.
- We limit class sizes so instructors can devote sufficient time to successfully training students.
- We offer the Phlebotomy Tech and Pharmacy Tech programs at a much lower cost and in less time than other schools by focusing on core academic and hands-on skills.
- Many of our students find jobs by attending clinicals and externships at long term facilities for the CNA and Phlebotomy Tech programs and externships at Walgreens for Pharmacy Tech students.
- Student Services patiently walk students through all the steps necessary to complete the forms and paperwork for certification.
- Some students qualify for third party grants.
Healthcare Training Program Certification
Western Career Training Center’s healthcare training programs are certified by an agency of the State of Arizona so students can get the training they need, with the preparation necessary to begin working as soon as they successfully meet all requirements for their particular field.