Also Serving Glendale, Surprise, Goodyear & Phoenix, AZ
Complete the Program in just 10 weeks!
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Outcome
The Pharmacy Technician Training program at Western Career Training prepares student to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam and receive their Pharmacy Technician Licensure in the State of Arizona. There is no other Pharmacy Technician Training that will provide training, certification and exam prep in just 10 weeks. Other programs include other subjects that are not directly related to this certification, they take several months to complete and tuition fees are correspondingly much higher.
We offer a very short, hands-on training program that focus on preparing students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) national exam with very small class sizes to ensure you’re successful in the program.
Pharmacy Tech Class Schedules Available and Class Start Dates
Western Career Training offers the following class schedules:
|Class Days Per Week||Days Class Meets On||Class Times||Class Start Date|
|DAY CLASS||Four Days a Week||Monday Through Thursday||9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||Interested in taking day classes?
Please call (623) 773-9000
|EVENING CLASS||Four Evenings a Week||Monday Through Thursday||5:00 PM to 9:00 PM||The next class starts on January 22, 2018
Please call (623) 773-9000 to register
4 days per week, Monday through Thursday for 7 weeks of classroom instruction followed by 3 weeks of clinicals at a Walgreens branch close to where student lives. Select a schedule that works for you and call the school at (623) 773-9000 to set up an appointment or fill out the Request Information Sheet to the right of this page.
Cost of Pharmacy Tech Program
- Registration Fee – $200
- Tuition – $1,925
- Top 200 Drug Flashcards
- Uniform Top
- Background Check
Additional items not included:
- Pharmacy Tech Theory Textbook – $79
- Pharmacy Tech Math Textbook – $75
- DPS Fingerprinting for License – $15
Items the student is responsible for obtaining on their own:
- Pharmacy Tech Trainee License – $46
- DPS Fingerprint Processing Fee for License – $65
- PTCB National Exam (1 attempt) – $129
1.PAYMENT PLAN OPTION – Pay registration fee of $200 upfront at time of enrollment and go on to make payments of:
- 4 biweekly payments of $524, or
- 5 biweekly payments of $419
All payments must be complete prior to the student being scheduled for externship.
2. $100 DISCOUNT OPTION – If you pay in full upfront, you will receive a $100 discount. So, you may pay on your credit card, receive the $100 discount and pay off balance in 3 to 6 months or longer, as you see fit. The monthly payments may be even lower than the biweekly payment on the Payment Plan option. This option is the by far the most popular due to receiving the $100 discount.
No financial aid or grants are available from the school.
However, the school accepts students that receive grants or tuition assistance from:
AZ Job Connection – call North Phoenix Office: 602-861-0208 or West Phoenix Office: 623-245-6200 or click on link: AZ at Work
Maximus – 800-709-2747 or click on link: Maximus WIA
For Veterans – Click on following link: VA-ONCE
Pharmacy Tech Training Program Requirements
Requirements to enter the Pharmacy Technician training program:
- High school diploma or equivalent (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Citizenship
- Valid State ID
- Social Security Card
- Pass an Admissions Test to test English and Math competency level
- No felony convictions or drug or pharmacy related convictions including misdemeanor that would prevent ability to get AZ Pharm Tech Trainee License
- Pass a 5 panel drug test
Pharmacy Technician training program students must meet the following requirements prior to entering the off-site externship:
- DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Obtain AZ Pharmacy Technician Trainee License
- Pass Background Check
- No payments outstanding
Obtain an AZ Pharmacy Tech Trainee License. Find out what Pharmacy Technicians do with training from Western Career Training.
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Hours
The Pharmacy Technician training program aims to perform two distinct student-oriented goals. First, prepare students for employment as a Pharmacy Technicians. Second, qualify students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam. This test is an NCAA accredited national certification exam for pharmacy technicians. Western Career Training offers 240 hours to qualify Pharmacy Technician students for the PTCB exam.
- Classroom Education – 120 Hours
- Clinical Requirements – 120 Hours
- Clinical training and orientation to an accredited and licensed healthcare facility.
Pharmacy Technician Training Program Curriculum
The Pharmacy Technician training program streamlines curriculum by basing student training off the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board national certification exam. The exam consists of a 90 question multiple choice knowledge test. All subjects featured in classroom, clinical, or lab requirements of the Pharmacy Technician program are featured in the certification exam.
- Role of the Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy setting
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Drug Classifications and Formulations
- Assisting with Medication Therapy Management Services
- Interacting with Patients
- Inventory Control and Management
- Special Considerations
- Drug Formularies
- Storage, Recall, and Theft and Diversion
Pharmacy Technician National Competency Exam and Arizona State Board of Pharmacy
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board develops, maintains, and administers the national certification exam for pharmacy technicians. The NCAA accredits the certification exam. PTCB provides certification and re-certification programs and services for pharmacy technician students.
The Arizona State Board of Pharmacy requires Pharmacy Technician students to pass the PTCB National Exam in order to gain licensure.
There’s no other training program that prepares you to obtain certification is just 9 weeks at a fraction of the cost of all other schools.