Complete the Program in just 7 weeks!
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Outcome
The Phlebotomy Technician Training program at Western Career Training prepares students to take the NCCT Phlebotomy Technician exam and receive a national certification in Phlebotomy.
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Requirements
WCT requires students to meet the following requirements to enter the Phlebotomy Technician training program:
- High school diploma or equivalent (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proof of Citizenship
- Valid State ID
- Social Security card
Students generally go to clinicals within 30-60 days after classroom training ends provided they’ve met all requirements of the school and the externship site. There are some exceptional situations when it may take even longer, depending upon the availability at the externship site. Students are expected to cooperate with the school and externship site and be flexible when it comes to scheduling the 3 weeks of clinical externship in order to prevent excessive delays. Students must meet the following criteria prior to clinical externship as well as any requirements of the externship facility:
- TB test or chest x-ray within 6 months
- Hepatitis B vaccination or Titer within the last 12 months
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination or Titer within the last 12 months
- Pass a 5 panel drug test
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid CPR & First Aid cards
- Any other admission or onboarding requirements of the externship facility
Find out what Phlebotomy Technicians do with training from Western Career Training.
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Hours
How can Western Career Training prepare Phlebotomy Technician students for their career? The Phlebotomy Technician training program works to fulfill two student-centered aims. First, to prepare students for employment as a Phlebotomy Technician. Second, to qualify the students to take the National Center for Competency Testing exam. The exam is accredited by the NCAA and is a national certification exam for phlebotomy technicians. WCT offers 190 learning hours to practice the necessary skills:
- Classroom Education – 70 Hours
- Clinical Requirements – 60 or 120 Hours – depending upon externship site
Western Career Training offers students the opportunity to earn licensure by completing the Phlebotomy Technician Training Program in just 7 weeks, for only $1,850 which includes:
- Registration Fee
- Uniform (Uniform Top & Lab Coat)
Phlebotomy Class Schedules Available
Western Career Training offers the following class schedules:
- Day Class – 3 days/week – Mon, Tues, Thurs: 9am – 2pm
- Evening Class – 3 days/week – Mon, Tues, Thurs: 5.30pm – 10.30pm
Upcoming Classes – Phlebotomy
Students are encouraged to meet with an Admissions Counselor a few weeks prior to Registering for class, to allow enough time to take care of all admission requirements. Not currently enrolling due to very few clinicals slots available:
- Day Class – TBD
- Evening Class – TBD
Phlebotomy Technician Training Program Curriculum
What can Western Career Training teach Phlebotomy Technician students to prepare them for the certification exam? The Phlebotomy Technician training program bases the curriculum off the NCCT Phlebotomy Technician exam. All subjects featured in classroom, clinical, or lab requirements of the Phlebotomy Technician program are featured in the certification exam.
- Role of the Phlebotomy Technician
- Anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system
- Specimen collection and processing
- Quality and professional issues
- Laboratory operations
- Infection control and safety
- Interacting with patients
- Inventory Control and Management
Phlebotomy Technician Competency Exam
Who creates and accredits the certification exam? The National Center for Competency Testing develops, maintains, and administers the phlebotomy technician certification exam. The NCAA accredits the exam nationally. NCCT provides certification and re-certification programs and services for phlebotomy technicians.
The State of Arizona requires proof of a passing score from the NCCT certification exam in order to gain a license as a Phlebotomy Technician.
Find out what is a phlebotomy technician and how to become a phlebotomy technician with Western Career Training.